Monday, September 14, 2009

Major Moments

2 major moments in Leah's life occurred this week:

1st

Leah went to nursery and stayed in nursery
all by herself
the whole time!

(I made that dress!!)

and 2nd:

She got her first dress-up!



I know Halloween is still much more than a month away, but I couldn't help it!

It was a day like any other day, just cruising an outdoor mall with a friend when we innocently stumbled into a toy store. And just past the cash register
she saw them.
Glittering, sparkling, enchanting her.
Leah gasped (like she has at every store that is sporting their princess halloween loot). Breathless, she ran to them, ran in place and carefully touched them, mouth open in awe. (Sounds dramatic, i know, but it WAS).
I stood back, enjoying once again this display of pure childhood bliss. She was in heaven, debating which one was her favorite.
"Oh this is my fav... no this one.. is .. my... oh! this one!"
I pulled myself from my own bit of heaven of watching this, to see if my friend had noticed.
Not only had she watched it, she was crying.
"That is just so cute!"she confessed, as she turned her head to wipe her tears.

And it is true, anyone who could have seen that moment of pure of childhood goodness, the joy of something so simple, the awe of a little girl transformed in a toy store into a true princess... just might have cried too.
It was one of those moments I will treasure in my mommy heart,
forever.

11 comments:

Dani said...

Okay, and I'm crying AGAIN! I am such a baby! I love your posts. Thanks for being awesome and for having two little princesses that my boys can love too!

Tracy Elder said...

I know why Leah stayed in Nursery the whole time, cuz Kaelin didn't seek to destroy her. I think we need to get together this week just to let the girls play outside of Nursery. All day, Kaelin asks.. "Can I play with my friends today?" I suck. Why don't I just call you up?! What time do you work tomorrow?

And as for the princess dress...Kaelin wears hers almost everyday that she sees it. She has a Belle dress. I literally have to hide it someplace new everyday.

Grapefruit said...

You MADE that dress???

epb said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever heard! I can't stand that I am missing all their growing up! How are you, my dear?! Call me, when you have a second in your crazy life. I want to catch up!

Rachel said...

SOO cute mushy!! I love it. the dress is adorable too good job!! I miss them too much come backkkkkkkkk!!

Nield Family said...

Just looking at her makes me laugh, she is so cute! And so is that dress you made. Look at you go grill!

Emalia said...

Ahhhh...that is so cute!! I can just imagine her glee and excitement. Kenzie LOVES dressing up too--I just picked up her first disney costume on sale at walmart. Can't wait to pull it out for Halloween!

Marie Burton said...

I love the massive grins on Leah's face! Please tell me how you got her to stay in nursery by herself. We are still struggling with Aimee.

Becky H. said...

That big grin says it all. She is soooo adorable! What a sweet post, you have such a way of capturing the moment. I miss all those darling little girl moments, thanks for sharing the pics and the stories. Love you all, miss you tons. Broken record? Love MOM

Becky H. said...

Ok, so you made the black dress. Next, the blue one....Maybe you can make her prom dress???? Good job dear, I am so proud of you. As usual.

Lindsay said...

It reminds me of when we went to visit the princesses at Disneyland. We miss you guys!! I love the way you tell story's Michelle. Call me. Linds