Thursday, January 15, 2009

We're Home

I hate leaving my family (although my dad always said, "we don't HATE anything!") and I loathe that inescapably long drive back to California and I ache at the intensified loneliness I feel for the weeks right after a long trip with those I love. And if I keep thinking about all this I might just start crying....

But what I do love about coming back home to California is this:



Our backyard...



And the way it makes our little foursome feel like a family



Playing, laughing, running in the sand (not the snow...)




I love Leah's squeals as she runs towards the waves. I love watching the delight in her dad's face as he chases, and races, and twirls her around. And I love feeling of being surrounded by the warmth of knowing that what we are building here in the sand is going to last forever. Because far away from those I love, in a place where the weather is ALWAYS nice, we are building our heaven, our future, our forever.

10 comments:

Pink Slippers said...

When we moved to Ventura county from Santa Monica I felt SOO BLESSED. We live a couple blocks from the beach. It is so wonderful to take evening walks with the kiddos. And my handsome hubby.

Nield Family said...

Love it love it love it. You are the best mom ever. Can I be your child? We hate to have to leave too, but can't compete with the beach. Love you tons,
MOM

Grapefruit said...

I love that picture of you and Jenna! Your kids faces...yum! Well, thanks a lot for this rude post. Now I'm going to be in a really bad mood all day long. Why can't I live where you do? Oh well, gotta run. My beige and rock backyard calls!

Nield Family said...

Oh so I think mom commented on your blog under my account! You have such a cute family, I love them and love your backyard! Fun to be with scott!!!

Lisa Marie Crosby said...

Those pictures are priceless. Wow Mush, you ARE lucky to live there! It is beautiful where you live, enjoy those sunsets!

Unknown said...

Those pictures are so adorable!! You have the cutest little family!

The Scooby Family said...

Your family is super cute! I would love to live where you do! perfect pictures on the beach!

michelle taggart said...

Michelle!!!I'm so glad you have a blog too... horray!I went onto Lisa's to see if you had one, and you do! I'm so excited, hope your having a good week, let's plan for next week:) take care michelle

michelle taggart said...

opps, i almost forgot... our blog is taggarttrio.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

Wow. Take me there. That looks amazing and leah is so adorable. She is growing up so fast, and california is too far away for her to be growing so fast!! everytime i see her she is a little bit older, she looks just like you. lucky girl. i love you, can't wait to see you soooo soon ah!!