Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A very bad idea

Yesterday, for some reason, I decided that it would be
a good idea to take the girls to a studio to get their pictures taken.

We had a gift card, they seemed even-tempered enough, and I was feeling adventurous.

This is how it went:
Leah was done, completely finished,
after she said "cheese" once.
Great.

Jenna was only slightly pleasant,
and that was IF she was sucking her binki.
But binki's don't look great in pictures now do they...

The photographer was new
and, I swear,
has never really worked with kids before.

The candy, toys, anything-you-want bribes
went totally unnoticed
after the first 3 mins.

Leah interpreted my statement:
"can you put your arms around Jenna...yeah, that's right,
give her a hug,"
as squish her so tight her eyes bulge.

Jenna just felt like crying, loud and long, instead of smiling.

We didn't get one usable picture of the two of them...


I think we can safely say my good idea was
utterly,
completely,
un-believably

a very bad idea


So much for the new "picture taking" outfits...
and they were so cute.

9 comments:

Jonas and JJ Huff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristine Elaine said...

I am so but that is hilarious! I wish so much I could see those pictures. I am so excited to see them in 4 weeks and 2 days!

Kristine Elaine said...

And by so I meant sorry...I am sorry but that is hilarious!

Grapefruit said...

This is so how it goes. That is why I never attempt family photos anymore. It NEVER works. EVER! May as well give up on that idea for good. Or by photoshop so you can substitute one happy face from one pic to another sad face on another! :) But the outfits are cute!

Nield Family said...

oh sad. I can't even imagine trying with two. Brave soul. And nice job on the blog updates!!

Dani said...

I don't think I would have gotten as far as even trying to do that by myself! I wouldn't be prepared to deal with doing all that and it not working out :) The outfits are darling though!

AlliSMiles said...

the outfits are darling. (found your blog on lisa's). if you're daring enough to try again, i'd be happy to photograph your kids when you're in utah again. and i'm cheap.

allismiles.blogspot.com

alli (shiozawa) miles (from Scott's home ward)

Kyra said...

i am happy to see you are blogging again! pictures are so off/on aren't they?

Becky H. said...

Okay I read all the new posts and pics are darling!!!! I love them all. It looks like you really do live in a place out of a travel magazine. sorry about the picture taking disaster, its so funny that from one generation to the next some things never change! You are such a darling fun mom, glad you are having the chance to enjoy motherhood, with all its ups and downs and not worry about scheduling 20 dance concerts at the same time. Love you lots. Can't wait to get my hands on those darling little girls. Big hugs coming your way this weekend..!~! Love MOM